Jujutsu Kaisen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam]

+14
Reaper
Horus
Kojima
Ascend
ZimTheInvader
Iko
Hachiman
Crow
vios
zzeke.
Grim
! Kori
Kingu
END
18 posters
Go down
END
END

Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Vermillion

EVENTS Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam]

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Event Info, click here
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Senmach6Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Senmachi5
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] 10ejzfl
The Saturday morning sun shined over the quiet neighborhoods of Tokyo (any ward you want). Today was special because it was the beginning of a new journey for the youth of already known clans and smaller families to make their mark in the jujutsu world. The Tokyo Technical School emailed each student a list of questions at 10:00 AM; the first three questions in section one would give the examiners an idea of each participant's personality and potential. If the answers were crappy, they could bet their asses they'd get denied, only to try again in next year's entrance exam. If their answers ended up being decent crap, they would get out what they put in. The future applicants may have just been waking up, or outside with their friends doing something, but as soon as the Tokyo Technical Colleges email popped up in their notifications they would immediately get to it in order to focus. Once they were done, each student would need to send it back the questions to the email they got them from.

Personality Questions
1. What is most important, Power or Control?  

2. You and your ally are surrounded by curses and there is a victim taken hostage. How would you respond?

3.  How would you like to be remembered?

Test Questions
1.) When faced with a strange new enemy to which you know nothing about, what is the most logical course of action?

2.) What would you say is the highest priority on a mission? 

3.) You are surrounded by curses. A young child is held hostage by one, your ally is injured, but still capable of fighting. There is a lane of escape for you. What is your next course of action? 

4.) A Special grade shows up. You are a first-year student and no third year or above is with you. What do you do? 

5.) Truly define your approach to jujutsu. What does your technique do? Give a scenario that you believe you could easily overcome.

Credit goes to Kojima for making these questions.

Spoiler:

Drill and Horus like this post

END
END

EVENTS Senju Park

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:16 am
SENJU PARK
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] P2Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] P3
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] P1
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] P5Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] P6
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] P4
SENJU PARK
Senju Park is located south of Tokyo
After participants complete their online tests, they will travel to Senju Park. The participants will not know what awaits for them here, but they can sure speculate what's about to happen. 
Kingu
Kingu

EVENTS Re: Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam]

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:55 am
CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK. . .

Exhilarated fingers ran across a Keyboard typing various responses towards the questions asked, this sort of 'strategy' used to find the best answer being a visualization of how scattered thoughts can be within panic, more specifically the thoughts held in Atsui's mind. His eyes held normally, not portraying the sense of focus he was in but matching up with the unhealthy sleeping patterns he'd had grown over a few weeks, RedBulls laid in front of his chair crackling after being crushed from Atsui scooting to get a closer look.

'What is most important, power or control' 
-The question lingered in his head for a second, if he was fighting a cursed spirit in a moment of desperation, what'd he look for. Control or power, an aggression fuels Atsui regardless of any intellect and philosophy held, something that cannot be contained and weakens his psyche along with his cursed energy control. His acknowledgement of this behavior is the first step of change but so far not nearly enough, control, is what Atsui selects. Overwhelming power is useless in the face technique, talent is laughable compared to hard work and dedication a rivalry martial artist ridicule with presentation in combat alone.

'You and your Ally are surrounded by curses and there's a victim taken hostage. How would you respond?'
-Atsui chuckled at this question, his response thought promptly without hesitation of wording, why fabricate the reality of a situation 
he presumed. Atsui wrote, 'This question isn't black or white, depending on the intensity I'd sacrifice myself to save this victim, however when the stakes are too high at the end of the day my value in this world topples the average being, they may have families, children, brothers, and sisters but what profession alike mine do they carry to save others consistently, scratch that, as their life being dictated for the termination of cursed spirits self manifested by them in the first place. I had to stop being selfish and wishing for a life style that wasn't mine to begin with, we aren't born with this responsibility anyone can go rogue but it's knowing no one else can work the dirt best as you can and I will gladly accept a short lifespan to keep peace on this earth, it'd be injustice to let that go for one person even if I knew them personally for years, but know that your soul lives on in me and your death wasn't for nothing and that I am saving others in that same place grimace.' "A little too wordy but it'll do.." Atsui snorted.

'How would you like to be remembered.'
-Alike the first question, there was no ponderance for he'd thought about these tangents among his most youthful years. As he'd mature and his character developed being seen for murdering curses and protecting amasses of civilization didn't interest him, Atsui rather be remembered for being a good person and that he was great as his job, this reflected in his words chosen, writing,
'I am no legend, it'd be great to live up to the families name and prosper as a sorcerer, but I want to be remembered for how I treat others not just destruction, it doesn't bother me that no one knows what I do because the ignorance is a blessing for many. Just cherish the moments with me most before I am remembered for my performance.' "These are easy.. I'm either lame or the Jujutsu Kaisen Overseers are, NO BUTS!" Atsui was very proud of his answers, he's intelligent but his distaste for being politically correct to not offend sometimes revolts into a toxic 
tongue too strong in voicing one's opinion not knowledgeable on the topic given. Another personality trait sourcing from aggression and background, never being allowed to be opinionated in his house hold, identity in Japanese culture, especially those who appreciate and govern traditions as final say within family becomes faint.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

'When faced with a strange new enemy to which you know nothing about. what is the most logical course of action?" 
-These scenarios scare Atsui, he hopes for when the day comes the foe would look too formidable and match it's qualification in skill with physicality to scare Atsui. He'd write remaining in his daydream, 'I'd try to remain hidden and take a look at the spirit, the more dignified the spirit was and how'd it react with it's environment would signify some standard of intelligence. Depending on the level of this intellect, I could presume whether to take action or run away and call for reinforcements, thankfully I am Knowledgeable of higher level spirits and their traits and will always run away when the spirit maintains a pattern in vocalic activity or interact with tools, objects, and nature in a way were it can be weaponized or used as a tool.' The visualization of a monstrosity talking in strange tones gave Atsui shivers, more mythical than what was imagined regarding the beast. 

'What would you say is the highest propriety in a mission.'

-Atsui's eyes had become dearie, nevertheless an encouraging RedBull pack stood nicely wrapped in plastics ripped open as a last resort for the previous all nighters he'd withdraw. Three left, his caffeine intake skyrocketed and at this point his body would condition itself to be more tired when there's a lack of juice, Atsui raised the can above his head and drank it as it'd fell down, the buzz wasn't immediate, a fifteen minute break would do until then. Once recollected he'd function properly again off Redbull writing stupendously faster because of the endless thoughts traversing in his mind. 'To make sure your team is prepared and safe at the end of the day, decisions will be made and lives will be taken.. I cannot change that, however I can try to prevent it. What's good of a team if they lose so many people trying to win in the process, you get better and learn from your mistakes to be a better sorcerer.' "What leader would continue after seriously having their fighters injured... quite a disgusting one.." His tone abbreviated this intolerance of such an ideology, truly hurt that someone would even consider that way of dictatorship.

'You are surrounded by curses. A young child is held hostage by one, your ally is injured, but still capable of fighting. There is a lane of escape for you. What is your next course of action?' -There was a regret in the past few statements about leaving someone to die, a child was the limitation for Atsui, someone off the field would didn't endanger themselves in the first place alike his teammates who bravely dived into the fires knowing it's grasp. 'I'd die trying to save that child and my teammate, but this isn't Disney, I know how to world revolves. At my last preconceived breaths of life, they would be spent fighting with a determination instead of hatred and anger, I couldn't selfishly fight for me anymore. That child depends on me and I won't let him down, I hope none of my teammates who take this test even consider running for themselves because I wouldn't be able to control myself upon them. Atsui's heartbeat elevated to a dangerous beat per minute, imagining someone being capable of selecting the other choice to exit on their own sparked at an outburst.

'A special grade shows up. You are a first-year student and no third year or above is with you. What do you do?"-
"Fuck they thinking with these questions, I'm rambo?" An obnoxious laughter suffocated Atsui while writing the obvious answer, he rolled back in his chair it's friction creating a squeaky nose similar to his wheeze after he'd finished. 'Run and who wouldn't?, there's nothing justifying about fighting back, only a quick death for some weaker minded sorcerers outmatching their capabilities. It's foolish to think in the first place you've had any chance.' Even in anguish, rivaling something with a qualifications Atsui couldn't fathom he'd cry from tears knowing his fate closed in by a selfish rage.

'Truly define your approach to jujutsu. What does your technique do? Give a scenario that you believe you could easily overcome.' - Atsui relished the thought of awakening his cursed ability and discovering how'd to fight with it, but for now it was simply the fist he'd was born with and the Ryu Clan techniques taught by his great elder. 'Jujutsu to me is a tool for exterminating Cursed spirits, nothing more nothing less. I find artistic nature in the ways we do this, however at its core it should only be treated as a tool for extermination and not reused to corrupt or harm civilians. I have yet to understand my abilities and their limitations but when I awaken that strength within surely the tides for fate will settle. I believe I can overcome adversity working with others and their traits, the thing is can they handle my intensity from anger, something I have to work on personally.' Atsui managed to retain the exhaustion within until the very last, hitting the submit button after looking over the email's etiquette and editing the rough draft. "Thank god I'm finished, time for a nap." Already well nestled in his chair, the recline broken from over usage gave out when Atsui stopped holding posture and he'd rest well until the next notification from the Jujutsu Tech school's reply.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Vermillion, END, Grim and zzeke. like this post

! Kori
! Kori

Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Basic10

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:40 am
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Main-qimg-c367ce7c683996399e9386d3d543efe5_20210823010127332

Summer just recently casted over the town. The fervent heat wasted no time in irking the civilians. Baking the Earth, the sun hung high in a sky decorated by a number of clouds that looked as soft as cotton candy. It was your average day in the town. Thousands of civilians managed to pull themselves out of their cozy beds to enjoy their break season—thousands more shut off their alarm clocks for a few extra ZZZ's

GIVE IT A MINUTE..
   9:56AM—Okiku ItoEpisode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Imageedit_9_2554390807
He ignored the town's attractions—overshadowing them more than anything. To put it simply, he was far too distracted to worry about it, distracted by the groove of a relaxing jazz melody. Okiku Ito functioned on pure metronome, his steps mimicked that of the tune. The snap of fingers coexisted with the tapping of his shoes on the pavement. He was lost in a world of music, nodding his head to accompany the beat. If it weren't for a chime that broke the noise, he wouldn't be notified of an important message that was mandatory to reply to on a swift notice.

Okiku, irritated that his music was interrupted, reluctantly pulled out his phone from the safety of his pocket. The screen illuminated with the image of a message filling the screen. He had then saw "Tokyo Tech" as the name behind the post and his eyes lit up. He mentally chastised himself, thinking of what he could've possibly missed for his sour attitude. His eyesight swept his nearby environment. He wanted to find a seat, for whatever news it was from the academy was news he wanted to sit down for. He found a nearby seat in the form of a metallic bench nailed to the ground. He quickly set himself up and went on to tackle the email.

THERE IT IS..!
10:02AM—Okiku Ito
Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Imageedit_9_2554390807He tapped unto the message and was promptly overwhelmed by a paragraph rich with information and directions.  He read a fair amount of info before being met with a questionnaire with specific questions that sounded more like a "heads-up" than anything. Thinking of what he was able to experience brought him nervousness, but that anxiety was bound to be overshadowed by a surplus of energy. A great adventure was soon to be held if he was able to catch the attention of the higher-ups and be accepted into the school. He only had to try his best, after-all. If that's what the academy wanted, it's what they were going to get. Okiku took a crack at the questions despite not being in the best situation to concentrate, yet that mattered little to him. With headphones on and music blasting, he went to work.

(Written as though Okiku was speaking for the reader. IRP, they are far more formal)

Personality Questions

1. What is most important, Power or Control

"Control is super important; it's more important than power in my eyes. You can do nearly anything with enough control. I've seen it with my own eyes. Power isn't useless but control opens up dozen more doors of possibility. Ya' got me?"
2. You and your ally are surrounded by curses and there is a victim taken hostage. How would you respond? 

"If it were possible for me to blitz the curses through my speed, then my answer is concrete. Depending on the severity, offering myself in return of the hostage is always a viable option. Even distracting the curse to open up a window of opportunity for my teammate or Shinigami. This does of course also depend on the actions of the surrounding curses."
3. How would you like to be remembered

"Okiku Ito · The Unforgettable Flower. Has a nice ring, doesn't it? More seriously, I'd want to be known as a sorcerer who accomplished something. It's vague but that just means it's that much easier of a goal. Not just your average sorcerer."

Test Questions

1. When faced with a strange new enemy to which you know nothing about, what is the most logical course of action?

"Ease into the most comfortable situation of combat and dissect your opponent as you go on—Simple. Standing back or analyzing is smart too, I guess. You don't wanna rush in to find out that it can summon nukes or sumn. Ya' know?"
2. What would you say is the highest priority on a mission? 

"Success, at the end of the day. That word has a ton of meanings—but for me—it boils down to completing the mission at hand without the loss of an ally's life. I trust my allies enough to know when they should stop. If it comes down to it, protecting my allies would be my main goal easily."
3. You are surrounded by curses. A young child is held hostage by one, your ally is injured, but still capable of fighting. There is a lane of escape for you. What is your  next course of action? 

"There's no need to mention that last bit—there's no way I'm gonna leave. Whoever chooses that doesn’t deserve to be a JuJutsu Sorcerer. Securing the hostage and protecting my ally is my main priority, no matter how difficult the task may be. I'm not gonna leave neither of them behind, ya' got me? If I go down then what I'd want at the least is for both my partner and the child to find safety."

4. A Special Grade shows up. You are a first year student and no third year or above is with you. What do you do? "

"What is there to do really? It's certain you'll be outsped unless you've got some way to slow it down which is unlikely.. Actually—who cares if I lose? I'm staring death in the face. No regrets anymore. Ya got me? I'll fight with everything I've got until I drop. Simple as."
5. Truly define your approach to JuJutsu. What does your technique do? Give a scenario that you believe you could easily overcome? 

"JuJutsu now is the product of my predecessors before. I'm not going to shy away and pretend like it's not my problem. If it's a tool to extinguish the cursed life that lives below humanity, it'll be used as such. Ya' got me? Anyways, my ability works in conjunction with my Shinigami. More specifically, it's venom, or poison, if you wanna come get technical. Even though I'm not the best when it comes to this cursed energy stuff and I have way more to unlock in my skill set, I can say with confidence that I'll beat a 3rd Grade. If I can't beat a 2nd Grade—I'll give it a hell of a struggle."

I'M DONE!
10:52AM—Okiku Ito Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Imageedit_9_2554390807
It's been upwards of half an hour since Okiku began the questionnaire. The sun flew closer to the center of the sky. The lengthy time only meant that he was particular in crafting his answers. He felt like the product was just what he wanted. He told his absolute truth and nothing but. He had confidence in his final product, so much so that he had already fabricated his life as a sorcerer in his mind. After submitting his questions, he slid off his headphones and turned off his phone. It was time for him to get something to eat in his stomach before he headed to Senju Park.

Last edited by ! Kori on Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:12 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Format Correcting)

Vermillion, END, Grim and zzeke. like this post

Grim
Grim

Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:08 pm
A cool wind swirled around the room of young Kensaku Unmei, caused by the fan spinning at its maximum speed. Piles of dirty clothes and soda cans laid scattered across his large bedroom, with Kensaku sitting in the middle, staring into the screen that was two feet in front of him. He was dressed in casual attire, sporting a white T-shirt and baggy black sweatpants. After all, it was early in the morning and he was having the time of his life playing a brand new fighting game. In the digital world, things were getting intense. In an arena of rocky canyons, two powerful fighters were on their last leg. With both of them on a fifth of their H.P., and them each having all bars of energy, it was any man's game. Kensaku glared at the screen, using his controller to manipulate his character. He had decided to play passive and wait for the right time to use his strongest attack. A couple of seconds went by, and the enemy player got impatient, which lead to his demise. 

DOWN!

BACK!

BUMPER BUTTON!

"GOTCHA! GET HIT WITH MY FINAL MOOOOV-"

BZZ BZZ

In the middle of his intense attack, Kensaku felt a buzzing on his thigh. He landed his attack, but because of this distraction, he didn't get to feel the satisfaction of watching the animation. His eyes were instantly on his phone, which is when he saw the notification from his future school. Forgetting all about the game, Kensaku threw his controller and instantly ran up to his computer so he could view the e-mail in a better format. "So they want me to answer questions...interesting." He mumbled before clicking the reply button and getting to work.

Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] EAcnaxHUcAAPoFV

PERSONALITY QUESTIONS

1. What is more important, Power or Control?

Kensaku took a second to think, coming to a conclusion rather quickly. His fingers then began pressing against the keys of the keyboard. 

"Well, to me, I think Control is more important.  In some situations, you will need more power than you will control. In others, you will need control. More often than not, you will find yourself needing control more. Especially me." 

What he meant by that 'Especially me.' remark, is that his family's cursed technique is the embodiment of "Control over Power". Kensaku has not yet awakened his cursed technique, but it can be expected that he will be getting the family inherited technique, Contract. 

2. You and your ally are surrounded by curses and there is a victim taken hostage. How would you respond?

Simply by reading this question, Kensaku felt a bit of anger. He imagined being placed in that situation, with all of that pressure on him and another person. The irritating part was that he was most likely going to be in one of those situations. Ken carefully thought out his next answer, deciding that it was almost impossible to answer without important details. The objective, the ally he is with, and the cursed spirits around them. 

"While I know that if I was in the moment, I could come up with a pretty nice plan. But from home, in my comfortable little chair without any key details, I'm not sure that I can give you a straight answer. See, without knowledge on the strength of the cursed spirits, the strength of my ally, and the objective of the mission, there are too many possibilities for me to simply answer with, 'I'd beat all their asses and save the useless hostage who got kidnapped'. To answer your question, I'm going to put this situation in different hypotheticals. 

In this situation, the objective is to save the hostage. If the cursed spirits are all on my level, it'd be rather easy to fool them. I could simply run right through them, using my physical prowess to my advantage. That, or I or my ally could distract the disgusting things while someone goes to save the hostage. If the cursed spirits were stronger than us, then I wouldn't risk the life of my ally. I'd distract them all, giving them a chance to save the hostage and escape. Whether I would die or not completely depends on my own strength and fortitude, and knowing me, I'll be fine. 

This is a scenario where the objective is to obtain an object and bring it back to base. If this is the case, and I had to choose between the object and the hostage, I'd start by leading all of the cursed spirits towards me, and running for the objects at my top speed. The cursed spirits will most likely be worried about stopping us from retrieving that object, which is why I'm confident that the majority of them will follow me to attempt to stop me. While I am obtaining running for the object, I will make sure to make useless turns and movements to give my ally time to get the hostage out of danger. By the time I get to the object, my ally should have already gotten them out of danger and are rushing back to help me retrieve the object."

Kensaku decided that he had enough scenarios to move onto the next question and scrolled down after proofreading his response. 

3. How would you like to be remembered?

This question was easy for Kensaku, he had asked himself the same question time and time again in the past. 

"I want to be remembered as someone who is the best at what they do. I don't know what that is yet, which is part of the reason I'm following my family's footsteps in Jujutsu even with all my siblings. Whatever I do, I want to be known as the guy who does it best, and don't forget flashy."

Test Questions

1. When faced with a new enemy you know nothing about, what is the most logical course of action?

Kensaku barely pondered and simply began to type. With his completion of the first section came a sense of flow as his fingers sped up their pace on the keyboard. He had entered a state of focus where he could finish this Exam in a matter of minutes. 

"It's quite simple, to be honest. Now it is common knowledge that charging into the unknown is a foolish action, especially among Jujutsu Sorcerers. Cursed Spirits can have a multitude of different abilities, and to rush in ignorant to their techniques is a sure-fire way to get yourself killed. Until I am incredibly skilled and on the level of a special grade sorcerer, I will never charge the unknown. Even then, I will rarely do it. My first action will be to distance myself from them and be hidden, for if I am in their line of sight or in their range, I could be fatally wounded. My second action would be to observe. Spectating the creature could give me a clue as to what their ability is and from then on I can counter accordingly." 

2. What would you say is the highest priority on a mission? 

This question broke his flow. As he read it, a flashback played before his eyes. His father was standing before him and his siblings, explaining the danger and the purpose of a Jujutsu sorcerer. He said, "We sorcerers destroy to protect. Your most important goal is protecting the weak." Kensaku considered quoting his father, but he felt that it would sound strange coming from him, and Ken ended up rewording it.

"Considering that the purpose of a Jujutsu Sorcerer is to destroy curses, and the reason we destroy curses is for the safety of the weak, I'd say that the priority is saving the lives of non-Jujutsu sorcerers and eliminating everything that threatens them." After typing his answer, Kensaku was back in his flow again. 

3.) You are surrounded by curses. A young child is held hostage by one, your ally is injured, but still capable of fighting. There is a lane of escape for you. What is your next course of action? 

This question seemed like a more advanced version of the second question in the first part. Because Kensaku had already thought about a similar question, answering this one was pretty simple. 

"Well, if my ally is in fighting shape, I'm sure that he can do some simple running. The first thing I'd do is get all of them on my ass as I run down the escape route. How I'll get them is completely up to the situation. I know I'll find  a way though. If the majority of them are following them are following me, my partner should be able to secure the hostage."

4.) A Special grade shows up. You are a first-year student and no third year or above is with you. What do you do? 

Kensaku was frightened by this thought. The simple imagination of such a terrifying being in his presence made his skin crawl. The worst part was, he knew that no matter how hard he may try, he stood no chance. 

"In all honesty, I gotta run. If I can't run then I'm dead and that's all there is to it. What am I supposed to do? Take on a monster that third years struggle with? No chance."

5.) Truly define your approach to jujutsu. What does your technique do? Give a scenario that you believe you could easily overcome.

"Jujutsu to me is something I can use to not only live up to my family's legacy, but something I can make myself great with, all while helping others. With Jujutsu, I can exterminate something that has no business existing. My technique hasn't manifested yet, meaning that when it does, I will have no experience with it. I'm a quick learner so that won't really be a problem. I'm expecting my cursed technique to be the same inherited technique my whole clan has, but there is a chance I might not get it. As for a scenario I believe I could easily overcome...I'd say I could easily defeat a Grade 3 cursed spirit with ease. I know I can beat a grade three, I just don't know if it'll be easy." 

After finishing the entrance exams, Kensaku picked himself up from his chair and prepared to leave for the park. He stepped over the different piles of clothes, making his way towards his door. He quickly sprinted for the bathroom once he was out of his room so he could take a shower and do his immaculate hair. As he sprinted down the halls he yelled, "MITEI, OFF THE DAMN GAME! GET READY FOR SCHOOL BEFORE I DROP KICK YOU!" He said, assuming that Mitei received the same email. The opponent Kensaku faced off against was Mitei, playing on his own console in the other room. 

After a long time in the bathroom, Kensaku came out looking spiffy and ready to meet up at the park. He had a scent cologne lingering on his body, covering the smell of deodorant that he put on. He would wait for Mitei, running out of the house as soon as he was ready.

( LOGS Kensaku Unmei)

(STORAGE Kensaku Unmei

(BIO  
Kensaku Unmei )

END, Kingu and zzeke. like this post

zzeke.
zzeke.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:12 pm
" HIYAHH! 

HAH! 

OH- C'MON!! THIS GAME IS SO GARBAGE! "
        Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Monophy
As the sun began to reach it's highest point in the sky, and reach noon, a slight disturbance would fill the atmosphere. Specifically the Unmei Household. Loud and enthusiastic exclamations breaking the morning silence. Coming from none other than....Mitei Unmei himself. The Unmei's third child. Chilling in his bedroom, his door shut and locked as he sat upright in his beanbag chair. Violently slapping his thumbs around on his controller, playing in a 1v1 match with his brother Kensaku. For the most part, the two were tied statistically in the game, but it was quite obvious who was better skill wise. Kensaku was playing on the passive end, and countering most of Mitei's combos -- even then, it was still evident that he was better whilst not even trying. Mitei getting frustrated at that fact too, until he saw an opening. It was almost like he just stopped moving, maybe a glitch, pressed the wrong button, or even lag, whatever it is or was, he knew Kensaku would be irritated to go out this way

" CROUCH 

JUMP!

HYAA!!
                                                                DOWN 

ANNDDDDDDD 

KAAAMMMEEEEEEE-HHAAAAAAMMMEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! "                                             Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] 7ba

DING!~

" Huh!? " 

amidst all that action and screaming, a notification would ring from his laptop. Totally forgetting what day it was, Mitei looked at it with confusion. Dropping the controller and causally approaching it. Flippin' the screen open, and entering his very original password. Checking his email, and finally realizing who it was from. His heart dropping. He was not prepared, he didn't even eat a proper breakfast yet. His unreadiness made Mitei panick, as If he was gonna be late to a job interview. He wanted to ace this...in fact...he NEEDED to. He can't go out as the kid who didn't make it into Tokyo Technical College (For Sorcerers), especially while being in a clan practically made for it. He would be tortured..... completely annihilated by his peers and elders.

" Okay.....calm down......we got this, this is just like any test in the world......Kinda'...... "
He let himself relax for a second, and got to work

. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

PERSONALITY QUESTIONS  

1.) What is most important, Power or Control?

Mitei would sit here and think for a moment, wondering if there was really a right answer. He couldn't figure out which side to pick, so he simply just went with both in hopes for it to be a somewhat pleasant answer. 

"Well, I think both are equally important. Power means nothing if you can't control it, and having good control of no power means just as much. There has to be a balance between each, especially if you want to become a efficient sorcerer." 

2.) You and your ally are surrounded by curses and there is a victim taken hostage. How would you respond

"Well I would use my Cursed Technique (WIP) to bind the enemy which has the hostage without them knowing, then me and my ally would make our advances. While they took care of the curses surrounding us, I'll prioritize myself to the hostage and bring them to a safe area and come back to then take care of the rest the curses." 

This question was relatively easy for him, considering it just came down to creativity and quick thinking, two things he's pretty good at.

3.) How would you like to be remembered? 

" Someone of great use and strength. "

He paused and let his mind wonder for a second, soon returning back to the question. 

" I've been working hard on my body and mind since birth, and I wouldn't want it to go to waste. I wanna accomplish many things, display my worth, and not let my family down. I was blessed to be born in a high class family with a versatile Inherited Technique, and I would hate to be looked down upon for generations because I didn't take advantage of it. " 

TEST QUESTIONS

From this point on, Mitei would be locked in, and completely focused on the questions. 

1.) When faced with a strange new enemy to which you know nothing about, what is the most logical course of action? 

" Well, to be honest, if we know nothing about them, I would stay on the defensive. Simple. Then I would go from there, learn for ability, combat habits, etc. " 

" Success. The whole point of the mission is to complete what the mission is. Of course there are other subjects that you have to worry about along with it, such as casualties, but execution should be the top priority. If you went to fail, then you shouldn't be on the mission. lol. "

" Pretty much the same answer as before, but I would forget about the fighting aspect for now. Take the hostage and my ally to safety with the assistance of my ability. Me coming back to exercise the curses all depends on their strength and if if personally feel like I can handle them on my own. I know I said success is top priority, but I also mentioned that there are other things that I have to pay attention to, and I'm not stupid. I won't put my life on the line for a mission I'm for certain I can't complete. Unless my life is dependent on the success of the mission, then I'll consider..."

4.) A Special grade shows up. You are a first-year student and no third year or above is with you. What do you do? He would literally almost vomit at this question.

" I mean, realistically, what CAN I do? Sure, I'll attempt to defend myself and make the escape, but 9/10 they won't even allow something like that to happen..well...maybe, if I bribe them, but we'll see on that later. If I ever encounter a situation like this, that is. But bottom line, I don't got no Izuku Midoriya Plot Armor, I'm not boxing villains way older than me and stronger just because my ability is cool. "

" Well, [Pretend I describe my CT, cause it's not done yet]. That being said, I don't usually rely on my Cursed Technique though, I use my physical prowess to prevail most of the time. So I can handle multiple curses at once, and one singular curse who's like a one grade above me or something. I excell at relaying information at high speeds, which means I can read my opponent quite easily. I mean, it's kinda hard to list a scenario since..well....I succeed at a lot of them, or I haven't experienced them, meaning I can't say for sure if I'll win. "

" WHEEEEWW! Finally, I'm done... "

He would throw himself back on his bed, and take a deep and prolonged breath. Clicking out of the tab on accident, not thinking about what he was doing till he did it.

" AH- AAHHHHHH!! NO NO NO NO!! "

He flew back up into a seated position and clicked back on his email, praying it was saved. Fortunately. It did. As a draft. Mitei, almost fainting from the situation, would then send the email, and push the laptop aside. Standing from his bed and getting ready. Taking a quick warm shower and putting on something casual, aka, light grey sweatpants and a fitted white T Shirt. Heading out the door with his Sibling(s), going to Senju Park, The Requested Area

Kojima, END, Grim and ! Kori like this post

vios
vios

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:32 pm

Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Unname10

PROLOGUE

7:05 AM - absent tiredness

A thin golden glow edged the horizon to the east, bringing the first daylight to Tokyo and revealing the flat-topped buildings that dotted the capital of Japan. Another beautiful day, thought Taikutsuna: another delicious breakfast. She stretched, preened her ruffled clothing, then slipped out of her bed. The girl swiftly made her way to the dinette, opening a cupboard. She picked out the vibrantly colored box, her favorite cereal: Koo-Kies! 

❝Oishii!

9:45 AM - tranquil frustration

Taiku sat on her bed, squinting intently at the small script within the book she was reading, but she couldn’t focus on it at all. Her eyes drifted over the same sentence four times before she gave up. Her siblings, in the next room, were loudly proclaiming their hatred for the game they continued to play. Taikutsuna couldn’t understand a word of their muffled, strange, ground-plodder language, but the conversation sounded enthusiastically robust. With that noise permeating her ears, she knew she wouldn’t be able to do anything. Grudgingly, the girl twiddled her fingers; she thought of nothing in particular.

10:00 AM - a stairway to the stars

Pah-pa-ra!

Taiku snapped her head in the direction of the sound, the empty cavern of her mind filling with ecstasy. Her notification had been set to “Fanfare,” and the little device played the ubiquitous sound of the trumpets once more. She flung herself in its direction, peering at the screen, before stopping short.

Tokyo Technical College

to, me ▼

She felt her blood pounding in her ears as she shakily read over the questions. This is your moment! Taikutsuna’s fingers hovered above the digital keyboard on her phone, wavering, uncertain. This wasn’t her thing, but she had to try, at least. The girl inhaled, closing her eyes.

When they opened, her face expressed sheer determination.

↫▼   Tokyo Technical College                                                                                                      ⇱

1. Control is most important. Without control, that power amounts to nothing. Inevitably, someone with control will outperform you, regardless of how strong you might be. For example, think of talent versus hard work. Which one prevails?

2. There are lots of ways I could respond to that situation, given the sheer amount of possibilities within it; but, I’ll keep it as straightforward as possible. In my opinion, the ultimate objective is to rescue the victim. Coupled with the abilities of my ally, effectively utilizing teamwork would cement the hostage’s safety. The ally or I could act as a distraction whilst the other liberated the victim, or we could collectively overwhelm the curses (depending on how strong they are, though) and save the victim together. These are just two possibilities; there’s bound to be more.

3. I want to be remembered by a glorious death. I hope that people speak my name and think of the way I died, not what I did; I hope that my death is remembered by its utter sublimity.

1) The most logical course of action is to observe and retain. While being passively evasive is a good way to detect your opponent’s strengths, and, as a result, their flaws, you can also force them to utilize their strongest reserves against you. The adversary will tire themselves out, and the tables are turned in your favor. When you force another person to act, you are the one in control.

2) In my opinion, the highest priority on a mission is what you will gain from it. If you don’t gain anything, you’re just doing it to do it. What are you learning, how will you improve, if you do things for the sake of it?

3) My next course of action would be to act as a defense for my ally. As they approach the hostage, I can be their unwavering shield. Given that they’re already injured, reversing the roles could lead to them being severely injured, or worse. In the scenario I provided, our forces are concentrated at their strongest point—intensity defeats extensity every time.

4) I’d find a way to get out of there as quickly as possible, then tell someone capable enough to take care of it. When false certainty or confidence takes possession of the mind, it makes men go beyond the mark and causes them to sacrifice a certain good for an uncertain better. A first year against a special grade has no hope of prevailing.

5) My approach to jujutsu sorcery, though partly influenced by maintaining my family’s legacy, is that of exterminating curses. All great leaders since Moses have known that a feared enemy must be crushed completely. If one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out. More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation: the enemy will recover and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit. My technique is capable of [insert explanation of technique that is currently in progress]. A scenario that I could easily overcome is several enemies of equal or lesser power than myself, along with (possibly) a few stronger enemies. I am adept at quickly analyzing situations and finding the best course of action for them, and have a pretty good knack for making plans in a short amount of time.

The girl didn’t bother looking over it. Doing so would only amplify her already growing anxiety. Hearing her brother yell in the distance, she assumed they’d be headed to Senju Park soon, and she returned the email. Taiku changed into her neatest clothes, which were not very impressive, and hurried out the door. Despite her worries, an excited grin presented itself.

Kojima, END, Grim, ! Kori and zzeke. like this post

Crow
Crow

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:47 pm
                         Episode 0 [S1 - Entry Exam] Kamiki
In midst of the booming city, full of life yet sinister secrets seeped from within the darkness;  the streets, for the most part, are incredibly filled with deafening silence suggesting an eventual change in the presence of the Undying Light as a particular glow in red can be seen in the shadow, with a mysterious figure emerged from the alleys with an emerald hat adorned by a white ball of fur. Exhaled. A sound of air exhaled from his lungs as it generated a cold yet transparent breeze in the color of white, it was cold. With a single flick to the ground, it was almost as if he was light on his feet as he glided through the floor. Along with a sound of buzz,  it also caused an electrical screen of light to appear in the pocket causing his hand to reach for it and extracted to take a look at the transparent layer; in which it had disclosed the contents as well as an email though there's a series of questions that determines his invite to TTS, or attributed as Tokyo Technical School.  The phoenix aberrated from useless thought as a sinister grin appeared on his face as the crimson light lingered on his eyes, signaling the beginning of their adventure. 

"How interesting... There's a personality test and an exam to get enrolled?"  Said the boy, as he halted in place. "What's most important, Power or Control?"   He mocked the questions of the exam as he continued to write his responses, though his answers also departed from the pristine lips. A surge of heat can be felt from his words though it was almost as if he was imbuing his words with his very soul.  emitted from his words. "Wouldn't it be useless if you had all of the power and had no means to control it?"  He paused, "Anyone else picked otherwise would be too much of a fool to think power is what all it matters."  Still, he resumed his walk as he lamented on the rest of the questions, his attitude was too much though it can be perceived as that he was only just annoyed by the questions and how easy it is. "How would I be remembered? That's easy, I would like it to be that I was remembered for being too goddamn stubborn." He said in such an incredibly prideful tone, before breaking into a burst of laughter. This was sudden as it startled the civilians around him though this was noted that he hasn't disclosed any sort of the sorcerer's content, just yet. This was due to the existence of sorcerers being kept a secret from even the civilians as it was clear that some people aren't as ready to know the truth behind the world. 

A whistle can be heard, encaptivating his attention away from the screen though he waved at the elder who had given him a bag of food within that he had made in his restaurant. A wave from the boy as he continued to leave, thanking him in the process. He arrived at the entrance of a park to settle himself into the environment and to eat the burger he had taken out from the bag and continued to take a bite from the burger held by his left hand while resuming to read from the phone in his right. He made sure there wasn't anyone else around him as he continued. "Where are we again? Ah, right. What would I do if I faced an enemy which I didn't know shit about?" He said, though his mouth was muffled as he had taken a bite from the burger. Speckles of bread can be seen around his cheek as he continued to respond. "I would've taken a chance at seeing how it is, and withdraw if it seems too dangerous. But at least I would have enough information about the enemy, including their abilities and how they work to give it to someone who can handle it for me." He paused, though he appeared to be choking on the food before he hits his chest as the food was being swallowed in process, and taken a sip from the soda that was also in the bag he was handed. "That was a close one..." He whispered, as he appeared to be almost done with his food, though a set of particular hilt can be seen hooked on his belt.  "I would say the highest priority for sorcerers is to make sure their missions succeeded. Meaning, they would have to secure the safety of the civilians that may have been involved in said cursed incidents and exterminate the cursed spirits." he paused, writing another response to the second question. 
A sigh can be heard as he resumed to type his response to the questions once more. "Fuck. How many questions they got left?" He murmured, with such a disdain behind the words of his. "What would I do if there was a hostage and it was a child, whose life is depending on how I'd respond to the cursed spirit holding him as a hostage?" Kamiki grumbled as his fingers continued to tap on the buttons rather loudly as he appears to be more upset as he resumed. "Then I would just do what I gotta do if my comrade would understand that I had to save the child if it means our death. They would understand that as this is our goal, to make sure the cursed spirits aren't able to influence innocents anymore or get away with it." it was almost impossible to ignore this as it can be a tricky question, it depends on how the higher-ups determine. Whether the sorcerer is someone that had more value than the innocent ones. Though in his answer one could tell this was a bit more personal as he has a little sister, not helping but to be reminded of her and even imagined if it was her instead. He would've rather protect at the cost of his own life. 

Dull. His reaction to the fourth question was something one couldn't expect knowing his personality. "I would've run away. Fuck that. Who did they think I look like? An idiot wanting to kill himself just by trying to fight a cursed spirit stronger than myself? If there's no one else around, I'll find one then!" he exclaimed, it was clear that he'd rather be logical and finally. He reached the last and final question, a voice can be heard in the background. It was a sinister sound, one that is imbued with corrosive energy, and yet this was something that is contained within his mind. For days since his mother's death that he had started to hear a mysterious, yet alluring voice. 

"I dunno much about my family's cursed techniques, but all I know was that I got a pair of cursed tools which allows me to harness my cursed energy in blade of aura to deal damage to cursed spirits. Though based on my mother's letter it seems like there's something more to my family." he paused, taking a deep breath as he relaxed a bit. "Finally. That's over... I wonder if I'll pass." 
with him shutting his phone off and then he had taken a glimpse at his current environment. His hand grasped onto the grass and lifted, a grin can be seen on his face as he released the grass from his hand allowing it to flow into the air. An expression of which can be perceived as an egotistical child. He was just sitting in the midst of Senju Park as he enjoyed the sight before him.

Kojima, END, Grim and zzeke. like this post

Hachiman
Hachiman

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:58 pm
So uh, yeah, Kinshi was there.

Now you may have taken a moment to wonder why the hell a Kyoto student was in Tokyo, and the answer to that would be more simple than expected: the Kyoto school was under some renovations and was supposed to be open by now. However, they were behind schedule and had asked students to go across the country to go take their test. Kinshi, not really caring either way about it, came in on the train early in the morning to show up on time. However, you'd be wrong, because Kinshi is kind of an idiot in the common sense department. When they wanted him to test in Tokyo, they meant to take the test they give him, not to physically go to Tokyo and take the test. However, since he was already there, he parked his ass in the nearest restaurant and filled out the questions on his phone.

Personality Questions
Control. Having power that you can't control is only going to hurt you in the end.

I'd kill the curses and try my best to save the hostage, duh. If the hostage dies, then that's just unfortunate but that's not my fault. Trying to reason with curses is insanity, their nature is pure evil.

Honestly, I'm fine with being remembered at all. I don't really strive to be famous, but if it happens then that's cool too.

Test Questions
Fight it until I know what it does. Inaction leads to nothing, plus I'll end up seeing it eventually.
Completing the mission. Everything else is collateral.

Save my ally, and if possible the child. If not, I'd leave with them for a tactical retreat to return and finish what we started.

Run to fight another day. Trying to kill a special grade on my own is basically suicide, even if I could reasonably do it, if I failed that'd just be one less sorcerer.

In the simplest terms: I get angry and i get stronger. My approach to jujutsu is to just do what is expected of me. I didn't really sign up for this nor am I the smartest person in the subject, so I don't know if that's the answer you were expecting but there it is. A scenario I think I would excel at is when I'm surrounded by curses and am expected to survive, seeing as how I work better when the odds aren't in my favor.

END and zzeke. like this post

Iko

Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:52 am
8:37 AM, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

...Buzz...Buzz....Buzz...

A slender hand shot from between the large folds of a peach scented stark white duvet, it searched it's surrounding area grasping frantically to stop the incessant noise disturbing it's host's beauty sleep.  Aggravated grunts emanated from cluster of blankets like bear being prematurely awakened from winter's hibernation. Finally grasping the offending device and retreated back into the dark warm recesses of peace the blankets provided, only for a shrill curse to escape her lips only muffled by the layers. Sitting up, her arms pushed all the blankets aside shattering the false sense of security she'd treasured but like all good things it seems to have come to an end. Yawning lazily, accompanying a long lengthy stretch.

Iko Kamo stared sleepily into the illuminated screen as she tapped away navigating through her email as the long away message had finally hit her inbox, nails colliding urgently against the screen was the sole noise in the over the top Harajuku themed hotel room suite. In the months she'd been waiting for this very email,  she'd carefully planned out her bucket list of activities she'd wanted to try in Tokyo. She knew once school started she'd never have the time, for this to be her own place of birth yet unable to enjoy it's perks up until now was disheartening but nothing could put a cap on her genuine excitement for things to finally start moving.  Only thing between her and growing stronger was this exam, so she would erase this just like any other obstacle that had tried to throw her off course.

Personality Questions

Smirking instantly,  her eyes scanned the information below then with narrowed before audibly 'hmph'ed at her phone...

'Obviously... this was a trick question.'

Regardless, she wrote her response...

"Power is nothing but a liability without control, therefore my answer is Control"

Confusion written all on her face, concern laced through her scrunched eyebrows....

'It's surprising, I'm thrown already and its only questions. Secondly, shouldn't they be asking more in-depth questions on curses we haven't even been taught the protocol for this, common sense would be to save the victim...? Eh..interesting enough, very situational though..I'll..give steps I guess as to what I would do, this is difficult to express through this medium..ugh... '

"Judging what little information is provided, given the imminent danger to a civilian and comrade I'd instantly activate Red Scale to push my reaction time to the limit, in combination with my technique Frog's Tongue in both hands to 1. easily maneuver, attach and remove the civilian from grasps of the curse then stick them high on a nearby highly visible wall to spot to keep and eye on until the threat is eliminated. 2. At the same time with the opposite hand assault the immediate area surrounding me and my peer to try and give them an opening to either escape or go on the offensive. 3. Continually using both techniques simultaneously attach frog's tongue to the largest curse within general range and use them has a wreaking ball to get rid of many of the low level curses that are only a threat when in a swarm. 4. Insure my peer knows of the civilians location as well. 5. Don't stop until I've executed the curse."

Again she scoffed...

Of course I want be remembered, but definitely not for this shit, she decided to go with the HR answer for this one.

"I want to be remembered simply as a person who worked hard and tried save others from having to experience all the ugly it has to offer."

'There. Not entirely wrong and not entirely right either.'

She was about to move on to the next question but decided to add more...

'Also I want to be remembered as a bewitching young woman who stole the hearts of all whom laid eyes on he-'[/]

Instantly re-read it and instantly felt it sound stupid, thank goodness this wasn't a paper test. Backspaccceeee.

Test Questions

"Assess what has already occupied, make a quick estimate based on facts readily available in that moment to try and asset their level, depending on her estimation of the curse's grade decides if she proceeds. If the grade is above 3rd grade level curses, it's not worth the hassle for free...and no civilians are in immediate danger. Retreat and request backup."

'These questions!  She was a growing business woman, not superwoman. Damn. '

"Securing the safety of oneself because I can't save anyone if I am dead, then civilians, then finally comrades only because they have more of a fighting chance than civilians do on their own"

"Physically propelling my ally in to the opening, as an injured ally they are only in the way of the objective of saving the civilian child.  Considering I am not injured in this scenario, I can still fight so I will do so to secure the safety of the hostage using the same technique as references earlier in the previous hostage scenario listed above."

"Exit by any means necessary and minimize both to one's self and surrounding environment and report my findings for a more qualified Sorcerer to either assist me or handle the issue entirely, again I am no good to anyone dead."

Frustrated she suddenly had the urge to throw her damn phone.

' These folks knew where she was from. They know the answer to this question, why must society be so keen on redundancy!'

"I specialize in Blood Manipulation, in the genre of medical science. I successfully intertwine my knowledge with my blood technique to masterfully marionette my own body's several biological systems to curate a physically and mentally advanced version of myself in battle that fits most scenarios. I am best in scenarios involving over-powered brawlers or with long-range combatants. Due to my stature and sex, most entities underestimate my capabilities so that usually gives me an advantage early on. I also have an high resistance to poisons, so anyone specializing in projectiles, gasses, and other various biological weapons would be quickly dealt with."

The sigh of relief tasted sweet on the tongue after finishing that tedious interrogation of a exam, releasing an exasperated noise, she throw herself back on the bed to hopefully pass out for a couple more hours before she had to leave. Crashing into the myriad of pillows, tendrils of hair splayed across her face and silk slipcovers, chest slowly rose and fell as her eyes slowly closed and drifted away. She would have to get ready and leave out in a couple hours for a park located across the city, it was their final destination for the day. Curiously wove through her thoughts before everything faded to comfortable darkness...

What will the rest of the test be like? So far it going more so in the direction of shonen series than real life.

Last edited by Iko on Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kojima, END, ! Kori and zzeke. like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum